Saturday, June 30, 2012

MISSION CALL!!

I have received my mission call and I am STOKED! 


I have been called to serve in the New York, New York North Mission. I will be speaking Spanish and I will enter the MTC September 5th. 


I seriously am still in shock. It is still unbelievable to me. I thought that when I opened my call, I would have a huge wave of emotion come over me. That I would start crying and that I would feel different. I didn't have any huge wave but as the days go by, I can feel that this is the exact place that I need to be. I am SO excited! 


My mom is even more excited that I am. After she went on a trip to NYC a few years back, she has been dying to go back and now she has her chance. :) 


My mission covers north of Brooklyn. It extends from Manhattan up into the Bronx and Harlem, up into Yonkers, then more up-state and over into Connecticut. 


When ever people hear of where I'm going they say, "Oh Ashley that is so You!" And I love it! When I first read New York, I was a little disappointed. I had been thinking of all the places that I could have gone, South Korea, England, Poland, Russia. But as the days go by, I realize that Heavenly Father knows me even better than I know myself, that he knows exactly where I am going to be able to share the gospel and communicate with others the best. I am SO thankful for this opportunity to be able to serve the Lord in New York. I CAN'T WAIT!     

No comments:

Post a Comment