Friday, January 20, 2012

really?

Is a new semester already upon us? Have I really been such a slacker at writing? The answer to both the former and the latter is, yes. 


This semester I am taking 5 classes plus institute. Sometimes I think that I am taking it easy, then I remember how much homework I am given.


I thought that taking geology 1010 was going to be a breeze unfortunately, my teacher thinks that we are all "adults" and that we can make our own reviews and learn by doing homework. weirdo. 


Missionary Prep looks promising. We are studying the Preach My Gospel manual and that should really help in the long run. 


My Divine in the Arts class looks like it is going to be way awesome. We are studying how the "Divine" is portrayed in different cultures and mediums. At the moment we are studying Hinduism and -side track warning- how they portray sexual acts on their temples because that is a way of signifying their sacredness whereas; in western culture we protect or cover up our sacred acts. They also believe in one "God" if you will, called Braman. Braman is manifested into different Gods and therefore the religion seemed polytheistic but, they are actually monotheistic. -end- I know it's all really mind blowing but I am really loving this class. 


I'm really glad that I am taking Poli Sci right now with the Republican primaries going on and what not. We get to discuss everything that we have questions about and it's cool that we are able to go more in-depth because that is what the class is all about. 


Then there is Health. I just really dislike taking a class that I basically have already taken not so long ago in high school. The only thing that is different is that they can show us actual pictures, like pictures of STI's(incase you didn't know they changed the disease part to infection, doesn't make it any better.)on peoples junk. NOT COOL. It's actually very, very disgusting.  


Last but certainly not least is Ethics & Values, better known as philosophy. Maybe it's because I'm not very deep but, I don't really care and it really hurts my head. Trying to figure out who is the most ethical in a story and whether we read with our eyes or our brains or what not. It is very interesting though, I'll admit it. 


That's school. From 9am-3pm with no break for food. NO BREAK?! Am I really that dumb? I'm trying to master the art of eating while walking during the break between classes but then that just poses for people to think, "wow is that girl really trying to eat while walking?" I can just feel the other's judgmental eyes. yuck. 


I ran into Jeff Boyd today! It was almost surreal. Part of my brain has been so set on them being on a mission that when I actually see these boys it's almost like they have come back from the dead. I'm glad to see that he is doing well! I also watched some sports center with Matt King. He served in the same mission as Michael. 


Mostly, I went and watched my dad play church ball tonight. Not my ideal friday night...actually scratch that, it was my ideal kind of night, only I wish that it consisted of more cute, single guys. 


I can start my papers next month. Is this real life? It really is blowing my mind that January is almost over. It is seriously crazy. 


Hopefully I can stay more up to date on keeping my personal record. I really want my kids to look back and see how awesome I was. :) Allison says I'm not as funny as I think I am. I think she is wrong. 


I'm freaking hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment