Friday, May 20, 2011

it's friday friday...

gotta get down it's friday.

okay I had to do it.

life is good right now. I wish that it would stop raining so that I could possibly ride my bike but, I am going to wish for rain when the summer comes I'm sure. But the rain definitely is making it hard to get out of bed or, to be quite frank, do anything with a smile.

I worked today from 2-7. let's just say I didn't sit down from 2-7. I was going going going till sammie came at 6. life's busy when you work at a cupcake shop. (also we now sell cookies and cakes.)(super super yummy.)

my wonderful friend michelle just got her mission call to serve in HONG KONG, CHINA!!! seriously so excited for her! It is weird that now my girl friends are turning 21 because that means I'll be turning 21 soon and lets just say, I'm not ready for that. (but actually I would love love love love to serve a mission. just sayin.)

I'm super super SUPER excited for this coming june. I get to go to the Dominican Republic with my sister allie for a humanitarian trip. we are going to be digging wells and updating orphanages. my dad says that he can't wait for us to get a glimpse of the "real world." I know that it is going to be an eye opener for sure. my eyes have already widened as I heard that we would have no air conditioning in the hottest part of the year. and when I heard that the normal spider was the size of your hand. and when I heard that you need to check your sheets before you get in them in case of spiders, scorpions, or other creepy crawlers. yuck yuck. but after I freaked a little bit I realized that these people do it every day so I can do it for 2 weeks. I'm excited!!

So I have this ridiculously lucky friend named witney and she is on a study-abroad in Italy right now. It seriously sounds like a dream come true to me. she isn't only living in one of the most beautiful countries in all of the world but she is learning all of this history!! it has seriously made me consider being an art history major. she also got to see snookie. how freaking awesome is that?

remember how I kept referring to my friend who was going through a hard time? it's okay if you don't. but, he is finally in Brazil! Yay! it took a while but he finally got his visa through. he has been really busy! well that is what he has been telling me, hopefully he isn't just saying that so he doesn't have to write me. kidding. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. But he seems to be doing great.

It is so crazy that all of my friends have been gone a year. well you get the point. and that some of them are almost done! it is seriously crazy that 2 years have gone by. I seriously still feel like I need to wake up at 6 to go to drill in the mornings. and I will attest that I am a super super senior. yes. I go to the football, basketball, and baseball games at springville high school. but I like to use the excuse of, but I like sports, to get me through. and personally, I don't see me cheering for any other team than the mighty red devils. (or the byu cougars.) *except for once when brady quinn played for notre dame. anywho, I can't believe that it has already been 2 years. life's moving by fast! it has definitely changed dramatically since graduation 2009.

also, did anyone else cry when rachel sang my man from funny girl about finn? I love finchel. so so much. (possibly because I think of myself as rachel and finn as well, finn.) okay i loved it. and I love funny girl. great movie. with a slightly terrible ending.

much love. ashley.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. Your blog makes me laugh. It's cute and I'm glad you updated it finally. Keep em' comin'! So excited to see you in 4 days. 3 actually! Wish you were coming back to Oregon with me though. ): Geesh.

    And yeah, haven't been watching Glee. Talon doesn't like it and I got addicted to secret life. Lame, I know. I will start watching it all over again from episode one and catch up some day! See you sooooooooooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete