Wednesday, June 2, 2010

memorial day..

when I think of memorial day, I mostly think of salem pond breakfasts. ever since I can remember we have been going to salem pond for a big family breakfast.

hashbrowns, eggs, bacon and sausage and aunt jeri's muffins. we all bring our propane and jackets and talk to each other about how life is going.

it is very nice. somewhat dirty, but nice.

every year leading up to this year has been different though. I haven't really had anyone to remember. we would go to the cemetery after breakfast every year to see the grave of someone that I had never met before. there wasn't much feeling for me. but since grandma jane past away, things have been different. as I stood by her grave, i got a warm feeling of her presence. it was something that i had never felt before. a warm feeling of, I'm here. I'm watching out for you.

now I feel that memorial day will forever be changed from the chaotic one of yesterday to the remembrance of tomorrow.

clever huh.. (:

I hope that you did some remembering too.

No comments:

Post a Comment